Welcome to my blog

This is my first blog ever. I am very excited to share my experiances with everyone.

Happy blogging!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros and cons of being a military family.

First off I love being a part of a military family I love that my husband serves his country selflessly, I also love being able to travel and see different places. There are many pros to this life but many cons as well.

Pros:

1.    Pride in my very brave husband for serving our country in the most selfless way.

2.    The ability to travel to different countries and states.

3.     Meeting new and interesting people from all walks of life.

4.    Being able to introduce my son to different cultures and experiences that if we were not in the military I couldn’t make it happen.

5.    4 day weekends.

6.    Military discounts

7.    Commissaries and the Post Exchanges

There are more pros but I can’t think of any more right now!

Cons:

1.    Those idiots who don’t support our troops get on my nerves. I feel these fools affect us more than if we were a civilian family. It makes no sense to me that people would picket in front of a soldier’s funeral because they don’t agree with the government or for their religious views?

2.    Sometimes the different places we travel to aren’t that great and we have to live there for 3-4 years.

3.    Moving around is great but it is hard for Jean-Claude to have to make new friends and adjust to different surroundings wherever we go.

4.    My hubby doesn’t always get his 4 day weekends in fact he works most of them.

5.    Deployments. I was in the military years ago and deployed but it is a totally different experience being the spouse at home worrying about what could happen.

6.    Holidays are hard having to travel to separate locations my hubby is from Oklahoma I’m from Utah.

          There are probably more cons but ill stop here for now.

Some days the cons outweigh the bad sometimes vice versa like now we are in a place I could see our family staying. We like our neighbors and have made friends but we are leaving in about 6 months so although happy to be going back to Germany I feel a little sad to be leaving all the people who I have been privileged to have met here in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment